We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information does MAGNUM collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including; information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services including email, name and postal address.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
What are cookies and how does MAGNUM use them?
There are 3 kinds of cookies:
- functional cookies – utilized purely for functional purposes. Remembering whether someone is logged in, is an example.
- analytical cookies – utilized to gain insight in the visitor count and their usage of the website.
- tracking cookies – utilized to track users across one or multiple websites.
MAGNUM uses functional and analytical cookies.
Usage of functional cookies
- To remember if you have dismissed/hidden our cookie notification.
Usage of analytical cookies
- To gain insight in the visitor count and visitor actions.
We have informed you about these cookies upon your first visit of your website. You can disable these cookies within your internet browser by configuring your browser to do so. You can also remove any information that was stored by accessing your browser settings.
Our advertisers/payment services providers/social media integrations may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including ours.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to;
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties, which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and other uses.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Personal data retention
MAGNUM never stores your personal data for a longer period than required by the goal for which the data was collected. This usually means that personal data is kept for up to 7 years after the last invoice you have received from us, which is due to the fiscal retention.
In addition, we may disclose information about you;
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time (in practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes).
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Updating information and contact
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected, updated or removed.
Changes in our privacy statement
MAGNUM maintains the right to change this privacy statement.